Buy 1 Get $1.00 off all Additional Grub Swimbaits
Esox Cobra® Grubtail Swimbait 6 Inch
- Available in 1/2, 3/4 & 1 oz sizes with 5/0 Big Bite Nickel Plated Mustad® Ultra-Point® Hook
- Price $10.34 each Buy 1 get $1.00 off every additional Grubtail Swimbaits
- Available in Hot Muskie & Pike color patterns
- Excellent for Ripping through Milfoil Read More
- Replacement Parts:
Esox Cobra® Grubtail 6", Swim'n Jig Baits are designed and endorsed by legendary Muskie Angler Steve Herbeck. Esox Cobra® Grubtails 6" feature the industries most advanced swimmer head, the popular Esox Cobra®Jig, dressed with a custom designed Muskie silicone rubber skirt and a 6 in. high action grub tail. This complete bait is sold individually in (9) hot Muskie color patterns and is available with either 1/2oz, 3/4oz and 1oz. Cobra Heads.
Esox Cobra Grubtails exhibit a unique swimming action and can be used in a wide variety of presentations. Cobra Tails are the perfect bait for contour fishing shallow to deep structure. Cobra Tails swim and drop horizontally and assume a stand-up posture on the bottom, making them ideal for fishing top-to-bottom on deep weed edges, points, drop-offs and deep humps.
Esox Cobra Grubtails are the ideal bait for fishing in and around weeds, making them an excellent presentation when fish are holding in deep cover. Cobra Tails can be effectively pulled through coontail and cabbage weed. A shake of the rod will remove weeds and keep the bait swimming, weed free. With Cobra Tails, weeds are seldom brought back to the boat.
Esox Cobra Grubtails are particularly effective on pressured fish or under cold front conditions when fish are off the bite. Cobra Tails will often trigger strikes when other baits are not producing, making them an excellent throw back bait behind follows from Bucktails, Jerk Baits and Tandem Spinners.
|We Recommend A Wire Leader in front of the Cobra Jig to prevent bite offs. Remember, any leader that can be cut with a knife can be bit off by the teeth of a Muskie or Pike. Hand tie wire directly to the Cobra Jig.|
|7-Strand||40-60 #||8" - 10"||
Figure 8 or Overhand
|Soild Strand||30-45 #||8"- 10"||Haywire Twist|
- BITE DETECTION: Do not expect hard strikes when using jigs. Muskie and pike will typically inhale jigs. This type of bite feels like a LIGHT TICK and the hook should be SET IMMEDIATELY after the tick is felt.
- PRESENTATION: Jigs and plastics are ideal presentations in Spring and Fall, cold fronts, or as substitutes for live bait. Jigs will penetrate heavy cover, making them ideal in weed and wood.
Average Customer Rating
|Number of Raters: 1|
I love this bait for both Musky and Pike. I have had great luck in fall jigging for deep water pike & summertime swimming over the top of weeds.