|Dress up the Cobra Jig with a
6 1/2" Cobra Skirt
|FireTiger True Glow night photo|
The Esox Cobra® Jig
- Available in 1/2, 3/4, 1 & 1-1/2 oz sizes with 5/0 Big Bite Nickel Plated Mustad® Ultra-Point® Hook
- Price 1/2 oz. 2-Pack $4.19, 5-Pack $9.89, & 10-Pack $18.79
- Price 3/4 oz. 2-Pack $4.49, 5-Pack $10.39, & 10-Pack $19.89
- Price 1 oz. 2-Pack $4.79, 5-Pack $10.99, & 10-Pack $20.99
- For the 1 1/2oz. Jig click here
- Excellent for Ripping through Milfoil Read More
The Esox Cobra®Jig is designed with input from legendary Muskie expert Steve Herbeck.
The Esox Cobra Jig, is ideal for shallow water, slow fall and slop presentations. The new Glow Firetiger color has been added. This exciting strontium based glow color, Glows-In-Color. Glow Firetiger Cobras are ideal for night bite, low light and dark water presentations.
The Esox Cobra Jig is a finesse swimmer head designed specifically for Muskie and Pike utilizing a variety of plastic body baits. The patented and trademarked Cobra Jig imparts a unique swimming, gliding action, when used with lizards, creatures, reapers and other plastic body baits.
The Esox Cobra Jig is simply the ultimate finesse jig for the serious Muskie hunter. The Cobra Jig can be used with lighter line (12# to 20#) and medium to medium heavy action spinning or bait casting combos. The ideal jig design for those who like finesse presentations.
The Esox Cobra Jig used with plastic body baits requires 2-1/2 times less penetration force than conventional jigs.
The Esox Cobra Jig penetrates weeds making it an amazing jig for penetrating cover. The unique shape of the Cobra's hook allows the exposed hook to slip through weeds; a shake of the rod when the jig contacts weeds, cleans the bait free and keeps the jig moving. Rarely are weeds brought back to the boat. For maximum effect, a rubber band weed guard can be attached between the hook barb and the eyelet.
The Esox Cobra Jig has superior hook and hold power. The unique design of the Cobra Jig features a big bite Mustad® Ultra-Point® Hook that penetrates and locks-up on a fish's jaw with amazingly little effort. Hard fighting fish have extreme difficulty shaking the hook.
The Esox Cobra Jig aids the catch and release process by minimizing hook damage. In contrast to the Cobra Jig's superior hook and hold characteristic, once caught, it is amazingly easy to remove the hook and release the fish unharmed. This is due to the Cobra's small barb and hook diameter.
The Esox Cobra Jig comes in (4) sizes, 1/2, 3/4, 1 and 1 1/2 oz and is available in (6) color choices. All Jigs feature a 5/0 Mustad® Big Bite Ultra-Point® Hook.
|We Recommend A Wire Leader in front of the Cobra Jig to prevent bite offs. Remember, any leader that can be cut with a knife can be bit off by the teeth of a Muskie or Pike. Hand tie wire directly to the Cobra Jig.|
|7-Strand||40-60 #||8" - 10"||
Figure 8 or Overhand
|Soild Strand||30-45 #||8"- 10"||Haywire Twist|
|To Achieve Maximum Action with reapers and other plastics, we recommend "over rigging". This rigging technique produces a strike triggering wide wobble with reapers and other body baits.|
- BITE DETECTION: Do not expect hard strikes when using jigs. Muskie and pike will typically inhale jigs. This type of bite feels like a LIGHT TICK and the hook should be SET IMMEDIATELY after the tick is felt.
- PRESENTATION: Jigs and plastics are ideal presentations in Spring and Fall, cold fronts, or as substitutes for live bait. Jigs will penetrate heavy cover, making them ideal in weed and wood.